Years of dreaming and months of preparation for your wedding day often culminates in many moments of stress and anxiety – even though it shouldn’t! It is our mission to make your photography experience as relaxed and seamless as possible, which is why we provide each of our clients with recommendations for their wedding shoot “emergency kit”.
If you want to ensure your wedding day is as enjoyable and relaxed as possible, make sure you pack these items and leave them in a safe, accessible place, like the car.
HOW TO PACK YOUR WEDDING EMERGENCY KIT
The key to any good wedding emergency kit is preparation. It’s no use throwing together random items the night before or day of the wedding – your pack should be ready to go at least a week in advance (and put somewhere that you won’t forget).
Here’s what to include:
- Foundation (to cover red noses)
- Mini multi thread sewing kit (you can buy from Safeway or Coles). Get the colour of the suits, the bridesmaid dresses and OF COURSE the wedding dress!
- ‘Party feet’ if you think you’ll need – or a change of shoes for locations
- Headache, muscle ache, hay fever, anti nausea etc, tablets
- Umbrella’s – one for each couple in the bridal party including yourself. White umbrella’s are great for winter or summer – any colour but red!!
- Lots of water, nibbles, refreshments in an esky
- Bobby pins/safety pins/hair clips/hair ties
- Wet ones and bath towel (so the bride can eat in the back of the car)
- Deoderant. Groom may also like to bring a spare shirt.
- If your location is at the beach, bring a hand towel to wipe sandy feet
All of these items can be stored in a small toiletries bag and left in the wedding car. We only hope we DON’T have to use them (wow, wouldn’t that be perfect), but we would hate to be stuck without them!!
Having an emergency kit packed and ready to go will save you so much stress and ensure your day runs to plan. Consider this when prepping for your day – over preparation will allow you to “take on” any challenge that comes your way, whereas under preparation is a recipe for disaster.
Well it’s been a loooonnnnnggggg time between posts!! But why not start if off with a BANG!!
We’re soooo thrilled and excited to announce that our very own Shireen Hammond M.Photog II – was just awarded with the very prestigious 2015 AIPP Victorian Photographer of the Year Award, making this her FOURTH time of winning this fabulous title!
Congratulations Shireen and Robert and the whole Team at Field of Vision Photography! What a fabulous result! Also, we MUST say a massive Thankyou to our gorgeous bride and grooms who made it all possible! Linda and David, Mini and Roman, Nancy and Norman, Sarah and Tim and Courtney and Joel.
What a fabulous result after winning 2014 Victorian Family Photographer of the Year last Year! Go team FOV once again!! Whoop Whoop!
Wow what a fabulous awards night at Sails On The Bay in Elwood and a wonderful coup for the team at Field Of Vision! 🙂
A big congratulations to Shireen Hammond for winning a GOLD in the Vic AIPP Wedding category and also suprising us AND herself for winning runner up in the Vic AIPP Travel category, her first time entering no less!!
Also a HUGE congrats to Caitlin for winning runner up for AIPP Victorian Sport Photographer Of The Year.
Last but not least, a massive shout out to the backend team at Field Of Vision for their support and countless hours of listening and counselling Robert H, Shireen and Cailtin who were stressing about the award, (for weeks)!
A night of fun, laughter and accolades at Sails On The Bay, we are counting down the days to the AIPP Epson 2013 ceremony!!
🙂 GO TEAM FOV!! 🙂